Why does Biokat’s only do clumping cat litter?
There is cat litter on the market that only absorbs moisture but has to be completely replaced at regular intervals – that’s what is known as non-clumping litter. Then there is cat litter that forms clumps when it comes into contact with liquids, and these clumps are then removed with a shovel. The difference is illustrated with this rule of thumb:
The difference in application can be shown with this general rule of thumb:
- Clumping litter: has to be replaced once a day and the clumps removed 3 times a day
- Non-clumping litter: has to be replaced only once, every 5 to 6 days the litter has to be completely replaced and the old litter disposed of
There are many reasons why clumping cat litter is the superior choice. Why?
- It’s economical: Only the contaminated part of the litter is removed, i.e. the clumps. This saves money, time and effort, and there is less waste.
- Hygiene: At Biokat’s, clumping litter is made from bentonite clay. This guarantees strong and long-lasting odour binding and excellent absorption, which non-clumping litter made from other materials cannot provide.
- It’s natural: Bentonite clumping litter is only made from natural materials.
- It’s diverse: By mixing different granule sizes in different ratios, bentonite clumping litter can have specific properties, for example softer for little cat’s paws or not stick to the paws as much or be taken out of the cat toilet.